Having listened to dozens of albums on Youtube, I've found that
80% of jazz: random, nearly unlistenable crap. Four guys in a room playing whatever they want, regardless of what the other guys are playing, regardless of there being anyone else listening in. Every note is interchangeable and one part could be any other part. Lots of annoying atonal horns. No dynamics. No hooks.
10% of jazz: Peaceful background music
10% of jazz: Thoughtfully constructed, emotionally interpreted soul/dance music. Not as good as any classic Stevie Wonder record. But still pretty decent
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Priceless Rasheed Wallace Stuff
from wikipedia: After the championship season, he paid for replica WWE World Heavyweight Championship belts to be made for each of his teamm...
-
“A journalist recently told me that she had been sent to find out who I was,” Cusk said. “There seems to be some problem about my identity. ...
-
I'm not rewatching the fucking episode... Even w/ Coronavirus, and even w/ this season being mostly fantastic, I got better things to do...
-
Dwight Garner, from his review of "The Institute": The right words are all we have in this world, and King too rarely pauses to s...
No comments:
Post a Comment